[MPICH] Compiling mpich with a new component

Krishna Chaitanya kris.c1986 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:13:15 CST 2008

Hi,
      I have been working on a small profiling module and I wish to test it
out by integrating it while building mpich. I am yet to modify the
makefiles, I tried to compile the new files directly, by making sure that I
have specified all the paths.  I am faced with many errors relating to the
files in the include directory. For example, in the file mpiimplthread.h,

20 /*#if (MPICH_THREAD_LEVEL >= MPI_THREAD_SERIALIZED)
 21 #include "mpid_thread.h"
 22 #endif

     The if test succeeds and the compiler complains that there is no file
of that name.

or

in the file mpiimpl.h,

 99 #include "mpidpre.h"

       Again, there is no file with that name.
       And there are also many errors of the type : error: expected
specifier-qualifier-list before " ... " . Could someone shed some light on
these?

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya K,
National Institute of Technology,Karnataka (NITK),
India

--
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity