[MPICH] mpich2: smpd phrase missing? - don't share config file across PMs

Stefan Becuwe stefan.becuwe at ua.ac.be
Mon Jan 21 16:01:21 CST 2008

>  Are you sharing the smpd configuration file (by default ~/.smpd) across
> multiple smpd daemons ? Each smpd daemon should have its own configuration
> file (Only smpd root daemons modify the configuration file. Currently there
> is no locking mechanism implemented on unix systems to prevent multiple smpd
> root daemons from modifying the config file at the same time.).

Thanks for your advice.  Looking into "mpiexec -help2", I've tried the
options "-smpdfile a_copy_of_my_smpd_file" and "-noprompt" (separately)
... without success.  I still get:

"Please specify an authentication passphrase for this smpd: Would you like
to save this passphrase in '...'?

I guess I must be overlooking something...

Best regards

Stefan