[MPICH] mpich2: smpd phrase missing? - don't share config file across PMs

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 11:31:37 CST 2008

 Hi,
  Are you sharing the smpd configuration file (by default ~/.smpd) across
multiple smpd daemons ? Each smpd daemon should have its own configuration
file (Only smpd root daemons modify the configuration file. Currently there
is no locking mechanism implemented on unix systems to prevent multiple smpd
root daemons from modifying the config file at the same time.).
  You could also specify the passphrase in an environment variable
(SMPD_OPTION_phrase) on each node.
  Also make sure that the environment variable "HOME" is set for all the
nodes.

Regards,
Jayesh