[MPICH] smpd error message on windows - Do you have sufficient privileges ?

Richard Li xs_li at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:54:46 CST 2008

I checked the registry on the machine which shows this error message and didn't see process entry under \software\mpich\smpd.
This is the case for all other machines used to run our MPI APP, but we didn't experience the same problem on those machines.

The MPICH2 package is installed on each machine using individual account which has local admin right and then we create a service account and use
mpiexec -register to register the service account on every machine for MPI run. What could be wrong here on this machine?

Thanks
Richard