[MPICH] SMPD

Krishna Chaitanya kris.c1986 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 04:36:07 CST 2008

Hi,
          I am trying to launch mpiexec on a single node and I ran the
configure script with the " --with-pm=smpd" and the smpd file was installed
in the bin subdir. However, when i try to launch the smp daemon, I get the
following :

./smpd -s
Please specify an authentication passphrase for this smpd:
Would you like to save this passphrase in '/home/kc/.smpd'? yes
[00:2915]..ERROR:MPIDU_Sock_listen failed,
sock error: generic socket failure, error stack:
MPIDU_Sock_listen(369): unable to bind socket to port
(port=135207912,errno=98:(strerror() not found))

           It would be of help if someone could let me know how to
troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Krishna Chaitanya K
--
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity