[MPICH] Running different program names with mpirun

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior lcjunior at ufrj.br
Thu Feb 7 15:16:17 CST 2008

Hi,

I have a MPI program that works well under Windows and right now I am
extending this application to run under Linux.
But I faced one little problem using mpirun.

Under Windows, I use to start my application from command line using mpirun
for mpd, like this:
*>> mpirun cluster.dat*

And cluster.dat file has the list of machines, number of process in each
machine and applications that should run.
The content o cluster.dat file looks like this:
*args par
hosts
machine1 1 //machine1/app/master.exe
**machine1** 4 **//machine1/app/slave.exe*
*machine2** 4 **//machine1/app/slave.exe*

As you can see, I have 1 master process and n slaves, but in different
executables.
I would like use mpirun in the same way, but I didn't find how to do it.

Is there something similar to MPD for Linux ou another way to do it?
What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
LC