[MPICH] Running different program names with mpirun

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 7 16:11:47 CST 2008

Hi,
 First I would like to point that you are using an old version of MPICH on
windows. We recommend all users to use the latest version of MPICH2(1.0.6p2
- available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downlo
 You can find information on how to run MPI programs using MPICH2 on
unix/linux in the MPICH2 user's guide (available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=do
cs). You must be able to achieve the functionality that you mentioned using
the "-machinefile" option of mpiexec and separating the various
executables/num of procs using a ":"

 (eg:: mpiexec -machinefile mf -n 1 master.exe : -n 8 slave.exe . And have
the machinefile contain :
    machine1:1
    machine2:4
    machine3:4
).

  Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____