[MPICH] MPICH2 with MS Vista

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:19:36 CST 2008

Jayesh,

Yes, I installed MPICH2 for all users. I am installing from the only
account on the machine, it is a member of the administrators group.
There is no domain, it is a single stand-alone system. I am pretty
certain it is the ultra-tightened security of vista. I'm just not sure
what a proper work-around would be.

It does seem that I have to run smpd.exe -install from an console that
is run as administrator (in vista, being a member of the administrator
group does not mean you get unfettered access to everything).
This adds the service so I can start it. It also puts the system in a
state where mpiexec can work. I am just unable to get wmpiexe to work. I
may have to 'deal with it', though it does bug me.

Brian

believed to be clean.