[MPICH] MPICH2 with MS Vista

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 4 10:46:10 CST 2008

 Hi,
  The smpd passphrase is the passphrase that the user specifies during the
MPICH2 installation process (By default the passphrase is set to "behappy"
and the user has the option of changing it. The user is prompted for the
same during the MPICH2 installation).
  You don't have to run "smpd.exe -install" to get smpd running on your
system. During a successful installation this is done for you by the
installer.
  I would recommend that you re-install MPICH2 on your system (after
uninstalling the existing version of MPICH2). Please try rebooting your
system before running mpiexec. Initially try running some simple command
like "mpiexec -n 1 dir". Then try running "mpiexec -n 2 cpi.exe" (cpi.exe is
provided with 32-bit version of MPICH2 in <INSTALL-DIR>\MPICH2\examples
directory)

Regards,
Jayesh