[mpich-discuss] help in compiling using mpich library

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 4 15:25:42 CST 2008

----- "Zubaer Hossain" <zubaexy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed mpich2 in Intel Xeon 7400 series workstation with 8
> processors. I tried to install a code with 'mpif90'. I see the
> following
> error at the end of the compilation
> *
> ld: skipping incompatible /home/hossain2/mpich2-install/lib/libmpich.a
> when
> searching for -lmpich
> ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libmpich.a when searching
> for
> -lmpich
> ld: cannot find -lmpich

This could mean that your mpif90 (hence the native F90) creates a different
binary format than libmpich.a's, e.g. one is in 64bit and the other is in 32bit.
Can you check if mpif90 can compile a simple fpi.f ?  What compiler flag you
passed to mpif90 ?  and how was your mpich2 built (check the output of mpich2version).

A.Chan