[mpich-discuss] help in compiling using mpich library

Zubaer Hossain zubaexy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:16:35 CST 2008

Hi,
I have installed mpich2 in Intel Xeon 7400 series workstation with 8
processors. I tried to install a code with 'mpif90'. I see the following
error at the end of the compilation
*
ld: skipping incompatible /home/hossain2/mpich2-install/lib/libmpich.a when
searching for -lmpich
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libmpich.a when searching for
-lmpich
ld: cannot find -lmpich

*
What this incompatibility means?

Could you please suggest what went wrong. I could succesfully complete first
8 steps of section 2.2 during installing mpich2. Since this a single
machine, I didn't follow the rest steps, from 9.

Thanks in advance,
Zubaer