[MPICH] Running on root's MPD as either root or another user

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 1 16:37:19 CDT 2007

I chmod'd both files to 600 and changed MPD_SECRETWORD to secretword,
but I still get the same error on the user because it can't access the
/etc/mpd.conf.  I think this must have something to do with the MPD
binaries not being able to setuid to root (which would then allow it to
access root's mpd.conf).  But I don't know how to set that up, it seems.

-Matt