[MPICH] Running on root's MPD as either root or another user

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:09:36 CDT 2007

On 10/1/07, Matthew Chambers <matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The install guide seems unclear about how to do this or if it's even
> possible.  I have my user's .mpd.conf as:
> MPD_SECRETWORD=foo
> MPD_USE_ROOT_MPD=1

My in university Slackware cluster (3 machines for Parallel & Dist.
Programming class) I've added an .mpd.conf file to /etc/skel/ with:
secretword=foo
MPD_USE_ROOT_MPD=1

chmod 600 /etc/skel/.mpd.conf

/etc/mpd.conf (chmod 600 too) has only:
secretword=foo

So when I create new users their skeleton homedir comes with it already.
Additionally I've set up NIS to centralize users authentication.

Anyway, to solve your problem just set permissions to 600 in both
files and change MPD_SECRETWORD to secretword

Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz
LPI Certified - Level 2
http://www.noticiaslinux.com.br/eduardo/