[MPICH] -nolocal in MPICH2?

Milo stinger at rogers.com
Tue Jul 17 14:24:07 CDT 2007

Hi guys. After some tweaking, I got the code I needed to compile (and link
properly) with MPICH2 (1.0.5p4) under OSX 10.4.  All my initial ring tests
worked, and everything seems to be working just fine. Except apparently
neither mpiexec or mpirun have the -nolocal switch anymore. What do I need
to do to configure the node I'm launching jobs from be strictly an execution
node. I wouldn't mind if this node was used as the ssh dissemination point,
I just don't want it to actually do any work on the job being launched.

-Milo