[MPICH] -nolocal in MPICH2?

Ralph Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:31:19 CDT 2007

I am not totally clear on what you want to do.  Using the -h option
to mpiexec shows this option:
      -1    # override default of trying 1st proc locally
Below is a demo where I did NOT use -1 on the first run and the first
process runs locally, i.e. on bp400.
The second run uses -1 and causes all processes to run on subsequent
hosts in the mpd ring.  This
may be sufficient for what you need.

--ralph

(bp400:55) % mpiexec -n 4 hostname