[MPICH] problems with writing in mpi, slaves processes doesnt write

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 17 14:15:27 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 08:54:00AM -0400, Luiz Mendes wrote:
> I have two PCS here. One of them, the master node and the another one that
> is a slave.
>
> I installed mpich 1.2.7p1 and configured the two machines in
> Machine.LINUXfile.
>
> Well, but when i test io operations with 2 processes, the slave process
> doesnt write. Why?
>
> i have installed mpich 1.2.7p1 on the 2 pcs in the same folder,
> /usr/share/MPI-1, and after i export /usr/share/MPI-1 from the master node
> to the slave node, mouting it in /usr/share/MPI-1 in slave PC.
>
> What should i do to make it works?

Nothing sounds wrong from your description.  If your test program is
small enough, you should post it and maybe we can either reproduce the
bug on our end, or point out something you may have overlooked in your
MPI code.

> And, do you know something about use pvfs2+mpich 1.2.7p1?

The PVFS support in MPICH-1.2.7p1 is fair, but not as good as what you
can find in MPICH2-1.0.5.  The version in MPICH2 contains many bug
fixes and performance improvements.

==rob

--
Rob Latham