[MPICH] problems with writing in mpi, slaves processes doesnt write

Luiz Mendes luizmendesw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:38:24 CST 2007

Hi Rob, Geoff, all

I have got it work. The problem was located at file permission. Always i
have to change the file owner to nobody and nogroup, because the other PC
seems to allow writes only with this latter owner.

Now, when i change the owner, it works, and didnt log messages about io
permission denied anymore.

Info argument, the fourth argument of the function MPI_File_open, could be
used to pass MPI ROMIO hints?

I have been obtaining low values about bandwith (15MB/s - local and non
local processes) compared to only local processes situations (350 MB/s). Is
it normal? Would be SSH as rpc caller the reason for this? The previous
measures were obtained with execution using 2 processes and using mpirun -np
2 iotest.

The network here is 100mbits ethernet, with local disc at 7200rpm and the
other with 5400rpm both IDE interface.

Thanks for attention, i appreciate a lot, furthermore the emails of this
list are helping me a lot.

Luiz Mendes