[MPICH] MPICH Fortran examples hang under OS X

David Gunter dog at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 24 10:39:19 CDT 2006

I have built mpich2-1.0.4p1 for OS X (10.4.8) using gcc-4.2 with
gfortran.

The example Fortran pi codes will compile w/o error but hang when
mpiexec is launched.  There is no time-out or any other error messages.

If I edit the .f or .f90 source files and remove the "read"
statements , that is, hard-code a value of 'n', then the programs
will run fine.

Has this been seen anywhere else?  Unfortunately I have no Linux or
other Unix box to test mpich2 on at the moment.

Thanks,
david
--
David Gunter
HPC-4: HPC Environments: Parallel Tools Team