[MPICH] help on MPI: fatal error 1

David Hart dhart at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:35:10 CDT 2006

Bora -

It's hard to specify your problem, but here are some suggestions.

You have to link with the MPI libraries as you convert from
sourcecode to binary. Any introductory tutorial will discuss this.
There are many, google for them.

You might find http://www.vni.com/tech/imsl/IMSL_F90_tips.html
helpful.

You may be able to get help from VNI [IMSL vendor].

- Dave

On Oct 19, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Ceyhun Bora Durdu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new MPI user and when I used pretty basic MPI commands in
> Fortran, I got the error message below. If you could give me some
> suggestions on what might be causing these problems, I would be really
> happy.
>
> *** FATAL    ERROR 1 from MPI_INIT.   A CALL was executed using the
> IMSL
>  ***          dummy routine.  Parallel performance needs a functioning
> MPI
>  ***          library.
>
> Thanks,
> Bora Durdu