[MPICH] MPICH2 v1.02 in heterogeneous enviroment

Kenneth Rempe kenneth.rempe at studsvikscandpower.com
Tue Mar 7 14:15:55 CST 2006

Thanks for the response. I found the following in the MPICH2_1.0.3
release notes:

- The CH3 device does not presently support heterogeneous
communication.  That
  is to say that the processes involved in a job must use the same basic
type
  sizes and format.  The sizes and format are typically determined by the
  processor architecture, although it may also be influenced by compiler
  options.  This device does support the use of different executables (e.g.,
  multiple-program-multiple-data, or MPMD, programming).

Which is just as you stated. Do you know if true heterogeneous support
is planned?

Thanks again.

Ken

--
*** NOTE: soa.com will no longer be used after February 1, 2006, please change your address book ***

Kenneth R. Rempe                * email: kenneth.rempe at studsvikscandpower.com
Studsvik Scandpower, Inc.       *
504 Shoup Avenue Suite #201     * voice:  208-522-4630
Idaho Falls, ID USA 83402-3502  * fax:    208-522-1187