[MPICH] Autoconf and MPICH

C B craig.mpich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:23:57 CDT 2006

Hello,

I am working with the mpich-1.2.6 build system, and trying to rebuild the
configure script.  I'm running autoconf version 2.59e (debian), and when I
run autoconf I get the following error:

user at host:~/mpich_please_work$ autoconf
aclocal.m4:414: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
aclocal.m4:414: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

I believe that I read somewhere that I should be using an old (1.7) version
of autoconf.  I'm not sure of the validity of this statement, and I cannot
find a version of autoconf dating back that far to verify it.   Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,