[MPICH] MPI Program in C++ Compilation problem

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 18 17:18:38 CDT 2006

It's probably because the NFS on your machine is very slow. mpicc and mpiCC
are just simple scripts that call the real C and C++ compilers. If your
MPICH installation or code is on a slow NFS volume, it will take time to
compile.

Also, 1.2.5 is a very old version of MPICH. You should use MPICH2 instead.

Rajeev