[MPICH] MPI Program in C++ Compilation problem

Shekhar Tyagi tyagis at tcd.ie
Tue Apr 18 13:24:04 CDT 2006

Hi all
I am new to parallel computing and working on a cluster using the version 1.2.5.
I made two programs recently, one in C and the other in C++, the compilation of
C program takes a lot of time while the C++ compiler never actually terminates
i.e is not able to form an executable file. The sommand windows for the
compilation are

 [styagi at borelli Mpi]$ mpiCC -o hello++ hello++.cc

nothing seems to be happening after this, command window for C program is

[styagi at borelli Mpi]$ mpicc -o hello++ hello++.c

the C program is compiled but after a very long time. Please help me in this
regard so as to shorten the time for compilation and make the C++ compiler up
and running.
Shekhar