[MPICH] help MPICH & matlab

llwaeva at 21cn.com llwaeva at 21cn.com
Fri Sep 23 01:45:05 CDT 2005

Hi there,
  I am new to MPICH. I read the document of MPICH and know that one can
spawn processes with mpiexec. I am running win2k and MPICH2 for windows.
I try to mpiexec a matlab which will run a simple code after
initialization

mpiexec -n 1 matlab -nojvm -nosplash /r test

where test(.m) is the matlab problem in which I have

A=1:100;
B=A'+A;

The code is so simple so everything is all right. However, if I modified
the code and add a plotting function like

A=1:100;
B=A'+A;
plot(A,B);

Although no error occurred, but the plotting function doesn't work!!! I
have also try other GUI program rather than matlab, all the GUI seems to
be banned! Would you please tell me the reason and how to solve it?

Next, I would like to ask something about MPI_Comm_spawn, I have write a
C program in which a new function called spawn is written to wrap
MPI_Comm_spawn. In matlab, I try to call my 'spawn' to spawn a new
process, but matlab will shutdown abnormally whenever spawn is called !!!