[MPICH] help MPICH & matlab

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 23 02:21:53 CDT 2005

You can add the -localroot option to mpiexec to allow processes on the local
machine to bring up visible windows.

You might want to post the error output from mpiexec to get help on why
spawn doesn't work.  The MPI-2 functions in MPICH2 have undergone
significant development and will probably be more stable in the next
release.

Can you run an MPI application that calls MPI_Comm_spawn but is not inside
MATLAB?  Sample applications known to work can be found in the
mpich2\test\mpi\spawn directory of the MPICH2 source distribution.

-David Ashton