[MPICH] newbie: how to start slogging?

Harry Mangalam hjm at tacgi.com
Wed Sep 21 17:39:35 CDT 2005

Hi All,
We've been working on some MPI'ed apps for a while and would like to start the
slogging process so we can use the jumpstart family to profile and debug some
of the itchier part of them.

I've installed Zach's debs (including the mpe deb) and the MPI'ed apps run
well even on my little thinkpad.

I've modified the makefile to link with the relevant libs (-lmpe -llmpe -ltmpe
-lampe) and the build process appears to work, but I can't figure out how to
signal the apps to dump the slogs.

I've spent the greater part of a day reading docs and trying various hacks but
can't figure this out.
It appears that it should be automatic - but the apps don't leave a slog trail
anywhere I've been able to tell.  Is there a switch in the build procedure or
one to pass to the app itself that turns on the generation of the slogs?

hjm