[MPICH] Two problems regarding MPICH2 on Macintosh

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 24 12:53:33 CDT 2005

smpd has not been tested on the Mac. It has been tested on Windows and
Linux.

When using the -ssh option to mpdcheck, it assumes that mpdcheck.py is in
the same directory on all machines. On the other hand, if you follow the
directions in the install.pdf guide (item 5, pg 24), it has you actually
login to the problematic machines and run there directly rather than via
ssh.  Then mpdcheck can be wherever you like.  The guide suggests that you
pick 2 machines which are having issues and debug using them.  It asks that
you run mpdcheck on one as a server and the other as a client, and then
reverse the roles, etc.

Rajeev