[MPICH] Two problems regarding MPICH2 on Macintosh

Yu-Cheng Chou cycchou at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:25:25 CDT 2005

Hi,

(1)
When I ran cpi with smpd on a macintosh machine (Mac OS 10.4, Darwin
Kernel Version 8.2.0), error messages shown below occurred.

> mpiexec -n 1 cpi
MPIDU_Sock_wait failed,
sock error: generic socket failure, error stack:
MPIDU_Sock_wait(269): sock contains an invalid file descriptor
(set=1,sock=16777217,fd=0:0)
state machine failed.

The firewall was off when I ran mpiexec.
How should I fix it?

(2)
I ran mpdcheck on two machines including a linux and a macintosh
platforms, and I got the output below.

/home/ycchou> mpdcheck -f mpd.hosts -ssh
ycchou at iel2's password:
ycchou at iel2's password:
client on ielmac failed to access the server
here is the output:
bash: line 1: /home/ycchou/mpich2_mpd/bin/mpdcheck.py: No such file or
directory

How can I specify the path of mpdcheck.py for macintosh?
The file is located in /Users/ycchou/mpich2_mpd/bin/mpdcheck.py

BTW, it seems like no one from the MPICH2 group responded the first
question that I posted before. Just wondering that if MPICH2's smpd works
on macintosh.

Thanks