[MPICH] wmpiconfig error on windows mpich2-1.0.2: MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host

Aaron Darling darling at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 25 20:47:58 CDT 2005

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply.
We successfully got mpich2 communicating within the domain after
upgrading all hosts to version 1.0.2-1.  We set a Windows group policy
object for our host firewalls to allow the program "smpd.exe" instead of
the specific port 8676, so I think we must have avoided the problem of
the second port being blocked without ever knowing about it.  As for the
cross-domain use of wmpiconfig, e.g. from a domain member to a
non-domain member, we never solved that problem.  I'm travelling at the
moment, but when I return in two weeks I will further test whether we
were having firewall problems or domain authentication problems...

Thanks again
-Aaron