[MOAB-dev] Order of the nodes in get_connectivity

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:36:52 CDT 2020

Hi Filipe,

Are you asking specifically about how to look at the numbering for the
nodes in each element type ? These are available in the CN (Canonical
Numbering) class [1]. If you are looking at numbering for specific
element types, you can look more closely at the mConnectivityMap
declaration in [2].

> 1. Is there a method from MOAB to calculate areas and volumes?

There are examples that do this. Again, what element types are you
interested in?

You can look at the methods exposed by verdict.h and use the area
calculation method corresponding to your element.

> 2. How are the nodes ordered in the get_connectivity method?

The ordering in the get_connectivity uses the internal MOAB numbering
in the local space.

Vijay

[1] https://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/CN_8cpp.html
[2] https://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/MBCNArrays_8hpp_source.html