[MOAB-dev] Order of the nodes in get_connectivity

Filipe Antônio Cumaru Silva Alves facsa at cin.ufpe.br
Wed Sep 23 09:38:14 CDT 2020

Hi Vijay,

> Are you asking specifically about how to look at the numbering for the
> nodes in each element type ?
I was wondering if get_connectivity returns the nodes ordered by some
spacial criterion. For example, given a pyramid formed by the nodes with
coordinates (x,y,z) below

[(0,1,0), (1,0,0), (1,1,0), (0,0,0), (0.5, 0.5, 1)]

Calling get_connectivity would return the corresponding EntityHandles of

[(0,0,0), (1,0,0), (0,1,0), (1,1,0), (0.5,0.5,1)]

in this order.

> Again, what element types are you interested in?

I'm interested in polyhedra in general. I noticed MOAB already has
entity types for tetrahedra, hexahedra, pyramids and prisms, besides one
for generic polyhedra.

> You can look at the methods exposed by verdict.h and use the area
> calculation method corresponding to your element.
Thanks, that slipped under the radar. It'll be very useful.

Once again, many thanks.

Filipe