[MOAB-dev] Order of the nodes in get_connectivity

Filipe Antônio Cumaru Silva Alves facsa at cin.ufpe.br
Tue Sep 22 12:43:48 CDT 2020

Hello,

I'm developing a tool for multiscale mesh preprocessing using MOAB and
I'm currently working on a method to calculate areas and volumes for the
mesh elements. This task depends on the order of the nodes returned by
the get_connectivity method. However, I can't find any information in
the documentation on how the nodes are sorted other than the definition
(here
<https://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/classmoab_1_1ElementSequence.html#a918f9016130f7b0d7e3598dda2984430>)
and the implementation (here
<https://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/moab-docs-develop/classmoab_1_1UnstructuredElemSeq.html#af0d6d48f8d60cd82a1a8abc3a7d433ca>).

Thus, I have two questions:

 1. Is there a method from MOAB to calculate areas and volumes?
 2. How are the nodes ordered in the get_connectivity method?

Many thanks,

--
Filipe Antônio Cumaru Silva Alves