[MOAB-dev] Failed to rebuild obb trees!

Lukasz Kaczmarczyk Lukasz.Kaczmarczyk at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 14:36:37 CDT 2019

On 19 Apr 2019, at 14:26, Paul Wilson via moab-dev <moab-dev at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:moab-dev at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:

Hello Lukasz,

We may need to revisit some of the logic of the Cub file reader.  These errors imply that MOAB is attempting to process a geometry representation in addition to the mesh representation.

Prior to more testing, I can't tell if this is because:

a) Your options don't request that the geometry representation be loaded from the file, but MOAB tries to process the geometry anyway, or

b) The geometry representation is being loaded (although I think your choice of options should be preventing that), and the presence of sheet bodies in your model is causing the geometry processing to fail.

I'll see if I can get someone to confirm which of these situations it is (or perhaps something else) so that we can determine how to resolve it.

Paul

Paul,

You right, this error appears for a newer version of moab. Does not appear when the mesh is generated by other meshers than a cubit. Thanks for looking at this. It does not affect how the code works but results in an error warning printed on the screen.

One option will be to prevent moab to guess geometry representation when the option is given while loading the mesh. Or switch it off for cubit file types.

Kind regards,
Lukasz