[MOAB-dev] ghost exchange with triangles?

Ryan O'Kuinghttons ryan.okuinghttons at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 9 11:56:25 CST 2018

Hi Iulian, I ran into an issue with the ghost element exchange this
week. I'm using a small test mesh with one quadrilateral, two triangles
and two pentagon/hexagons that are broken down into triangles. The ghost
exchange seems to work, but the tag exchange does not. I modified the
test we were using before, if you want to have a look. When I plot the
mesh after the exchange_tags call I see 0s at the the node and element
ids locations, which is strange because this works just fine with a mesh
of quadrilaterals. The test is on the moab4 branch, at
esmf/src/Infrastructure/Mesh/tests/ESMC_MeshMOABGhostUTest. You should
call 'make distclean' before rebuilding esmf, then just "make" in test
directory and you can run it with:

mpirun -np 4 $ESMF_DIR/tests/*/*/ESMC_MeshMOABGhostUTest

I am traveling today, and I will be in and out most of the day, but will
check email when I can. I have a feeling this is another issue with how
we are setting the tags, but hopefully it's a quick fix. Thanks again,

--
Ryan O'Kuinghttons
NESII/NOAA/Earth System Research Laboratory
ryan.okuinghttons at noaa.gov
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gsd/nesii/