[MOAB-dev] MOAB & periodicity

Grindeanu, Iulian R. iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 12 11:43:17 CDT 2016

Hello,
There is some support for periodic meshes through SCDInterface;
So for example, a structured torus mesh has 2 periodicities, and it can be loaded in parallel, and partitioning and ghosting can happen at reading time; a sphere mesh (that appears in climate data) has one periodicity;
the mesh is though structured, and moab can handle ghosts pretty well for those types of meshes.
I am not sure though if it would fit your purpose;
You said your mesh is unstructured? Which would be a problem for SCDInterface