[MOAB-dev] MOAB & periodicity

Xavier Garnaud xgarnaud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:19:35 CDT 2016

Dear all,

I am thinking about using MOAB as the basis for a
cell-centered (unstructured)  finite volume solver. An important feature
for me is to be able to handle periodicity (translational & rotational). As
far as I understand, this is not directly possible with MOAB but I am
wondering how difficult it would be.

What I would like to do is have "periodic ghost" cells that I would handle
as the standard ghost cells (except I would possibly apply a rotation to
the vectors after the data is exchanged for rotational periodicity)

How difficult do you think it would be to implement it? Do you have any
example that implement similar operations?

Best regards

Xavier