[MOAB-dev] Cylindrical Mesh

Patrick Shriwise shriwise at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 1 11:26:46 CDT 2015

It sounds like there's support for 2nd order hexes which can be used as
cylindrical mesh elements but in a Cartesian coordinate system?

what is a cylindrical mesh element?
maybe expressed in cylindrical coord system?
there is some support for spherical coord system for some special nc meshes (basically quads are in
lat / lon coordinates)

anyway, I don't understand what is the need

Iulian,

There is a researcher who wants to use the discretize_geom function in
PyNE <http://pyne.io/> to get the volume fractions of some geometry
which is in cylindrical coordinates. Essentially, the answer is yes to
your second question.

Cheers,

Patrick