[MOAB-dev] (Un-)Expected behavior of DMMoabOutput

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon May 11 11:12:07 CDT 2015

Gerd, I'm not sure how you're verifying that the GLOBAL_ID tag is not
copied but they are.  Here's my output and they look identical, as
they should. The LoadFromFile and Output routines in DM internally
just call MOAB functions unless you pass some options and so if you
see an issue, we should be able to track this down.

Can you verify if the following commands give similar results from
your MOAB installation ?

mahadevan at Tachyon ~/Desktop/moabplay > $MOAB_DIR/bin/mbsize -t
no_template_test.h5m
File no_template_test.h5m:
      Tag Name   Vertex      Tet EntitySet
-------------- -------- -------- ---------
  MATERIAL_SET        0        0         1
   NEUMANN_SET        0        0         0
 DIRICHLET_SET        0        0         0
GEOM_DIMENSION        0        0         0
     GLOBAL_ID     6772     4028         0
          NAME        0        0        25
      SHAPE_ID        0        0         1
mahadevan at Tachyon ~/Desktop/moabplay > $MOAB_DIR/bin/mbsize -t
no_template_test.out.h5m
File no_template_test.out.h5m:
      Tag Name   Vertex      Tet EntitySet
  MATERIAL_SET        0        0         1
   NEUMANN_SET        0        0         0
 DIRICHLET_SET        0        0         0
GEOM_DIMENSION        0        0         0
     GLOBAL_ID     6772     4028         0
          NAME        0        0        25
      SHAPE_ID        0        0         1

Vijay