[MOAB-dev] (Un-)Expected behavior of DMMoabOutput

Gerd Heber gheber at hdfgroup.org
Mon May 11 07:46:18 CDT 2015

This is maybe just a documentation issue, but I find the behavior somewhat
counter-intuitive. The attached program just calls DMMoabLoadFromFile
followed by DMMoabOutput. The in- and output files are attached as well.
My expectation was that the output file would be pretty much a copy
of the input file. Not quite. The most notable difference is that the GLOBAL_ID tags
don't get copied. Is that the expected behavior? If so, what's the reasoning
behind not copying the GLOBAL_ID tags?

Thanks for your help.

G.