[MOAB-dev] building vtkMoabReader

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:03:48 CST 2015

Jacob,

I downloaded and installed paraview 4.3.1 from source and am not able
to replicate your errors. I do see all the necessary cmake files
installed under lib/cmake/paraview-4.3. Please configure paraview with
-DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT_FILES=ON option and re-install.
Locally, I have:

vijaysm at tachyon > find
/usr/software/paraview/4.3.1/lib/cmake/paraview-4.3/*.cmake | wc -l
66

And not 0 as shown in your installation. Also, your "Note" seems to be
generated from a build directory. Did you specify an install prefix
during paraview configure and run make install ?

It does however fail for various other reasons. My errors below:

---------------
CMake Warning at
/usr/software/paraview/4.3.1/lib/cmake/paraview-4.3/ParaViewPlugins.cmake:981
(message):
  GUI resource files in plugins are no longer supported.  The same
  functionality can be obtained using Hints in the Server Manager xml files.
  See the Major API Changes document for details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:35 (add_paraview_plugin)

CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:41 (target_link_libraries):
  Policy CMP0023 is not set: Plain and keyword target_link_libraries
  signatures cannot be mixed.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0023" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

  The keyword signature for target_link_libraries has already been used with
  the target "vtkMoabReaderPlugin".  All uses of target_link_libraries with a
  target should be either all-keyword or all-plain.

This looks like an issue with the way we are trying to add our custom
plugin to paraview and should be fixable in a backward compatible way.
I'll keep you updated when we push a fix for this. Thanks for
reporting the incompatibility.

Vijay