[MOAB-dev] measure.cpp

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon May 19 11:19:40 CDT 2014

Sorry about the late reply.

> This kind of function belongs to an "element utility" tool/class, which
> should serve multiple types of elements;

As Iulian mentioned, we are currently in the process of doing a
refactor of the ElemUtil and the spatial coupler classes to provide
more functionality to both perform discretization and common integral
operations over different entity types. The volume computation routine
that you found from measure.cpp is specific for structured grids and
so if you are unsure of the underlying mesh, I wouldn't recommend
directly using those functions.

> Vijay, do you know the status of refactoring elem util class?

I've been on vacation for a good part of April and May and hence the
completion of this work has slowed down. I hope to have this branch/PR
ready for review and then a merge by the second week of June. Let me
know if you have any specific use case that you'd like to see near
term to aid in computing element volumes, normals on a face etc.

Vijay