[MOAB-dev] Using MOAB linked to Nek5000

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:20:34 CST 2014

Mohsen,

Please attach the config.log file so that we can find out the exact cause
of errors. On first look the configure options do look right but it is
possible that you may need to provide the library list explicitly with
hdf5-ldflags. But we cant suggest any other helpful pointers at the moment
without more information on why the configuration failed.

Vijay
Dear MOAB team,

I am writing to let you know that I intend to use MOAB with "Nek5000" for
my simulations which will be performed on the SciNet cluster (
http://wiki.scinethpc.ca/wiki/) in collaboration with the University of
Toronto, in which I am a post-doc fellow.
Right now, I tried to build MOAB with previously built packages on this
system including "hdf5" (v. 1.8.7 compiled with openmpi) and "netcdf"
(parallel version: 1.2.0 compiled with openmpi). As it is stated both of
these packages were compiled with "openmpi" (v. 1.4.4 compiled with intel
v. 12.1) and therefore there should be no issue of compilers
compatibility. However, when I attempted to build MOAB on this system with
the following configuration options and flags:

./configure FC=mpif90 F77=mpif77 CC=mpicc CXX=mpicxx \
--prefix=`pwd` \
--with-mpi=${SCINET_MPI_BASE} \
--with-netcdf=${SCINET_PNETCDF_BASE} \
--with-hdf5=${SCINET_HDF5_BASE} \
--with-zlib="/scinet/gpc/Libraries/HDF5-1.8.7/zlib-intel/" \
--with-szip=${SCINET_SZIP_BASE} \
--enable-mbzoltan \
--with-zoltan="/home/a/ashgriz/mbehzad/nek5_svn/Zoltan_v3.8/BUILD_DIR/"

I have encountered an error in the configuration as:
"configure:  error: HDF5 library not found or not usable."
It should be noted that "zlib" and "szip" libraries were compiled with
intel too.

I am wondering if you can help me on this issue.

Regards,

*Mohsen Behzad, **Ph.D.*
*Department of Civil Eng.*
*University of Toronto*