[MOAB-dev] moab-4.6.2

Tim Tautges (ANL) tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 3 13:11:02 CST 2014

Hi Hangbok,
   We haven't supported MOAB on Windows up to this point, and I'm not aware of anybody who has built it on cygwin.  That
said, there is cmake-based support, which may work on windows.  I suggest trying that first.  If you have problems with
the cmake-based build, please email them to this list.  I'd also be interested if you got that to succeed, as we haven't
tried that ourselves.  Thanks.

- tim

On 12/30/2013 03:52 PM, Choi, Hangbok wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have downloaded moab-4.6.2 but it seems to be difficult to install it.
> The biggest problem is that I am not familiar with this operating system.
> Is this module work in Window system. I couldn't find a command equivalent to "autoreconf".
> Is it possible to use "cygwin" for this?
>
> In the unix system the "autoreconf" and "./confiure" worked Based on "Mesh-Oriented datABase (MOAB) Version 4.0
> User's Guide" by T. J. Tautges et al.
>
> In page 20 step 4. './confiyre -prefix=/home/...  " looks fine.
> But I couldn't understand what to do with step b) and C) regarding hdf5 and netCDF. Should I go through all these steps. Do you have any examples of commands actually used for the installation.
>
> I would appreciate you can give me any guideline.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Hangbok Choi
> General Atomics

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.