[MOAB-dev] Neumann boundary condition

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 11 15:25:00 CST 2013

programmatically?
a neumann set in moab is usually a set of boundary faces (quads in a hexahedral mesh, or triangles in a tetrahedral mesh)
what kind of solver do you have?
if you know the tag value, you can obtain the set that has that tag value, with something like
R ange neumann_sets;
Tag neu_tag;
int value_neumann_tag= 100; // your value , set it accordingly

mb->tag_get_handle(NEUMANN_SET_TAG_NAME, neu_tag, 1, MB_TYPE_INTEGER);
mb->get_entities_by_type_and_tag(0, MBENTITYSET, &neu_tag, &value_neumann_tag, 1, neumann_sets);

neumann_sets[0] should be your set.

then you can get entities from it with
Range entities;
mb->get_entities_by_handle(neumann_sets[0], entities);

Entities should be your quads or triangles. it is up to the specific solver syntax to set pressure on them (or other BCs)

Maybe I didn't understand your question

Iulian