[MOAB-dev] some errors I met I build moab

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 17 10:57:24 CDT 2013

Thanks for the note, comments below...

On 09/16/2013 10:36 PM, 魏华祎 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>      I checked out  moab from https://bitbucket.org/fathomteam/moab. When I build, I meet some error, I think maybe they
> are bugs.
>
> First ,  when I run the following command and meet an error like:
>
> $  autoreconf -fi
> test/parallel/Makefile.am:30: `:='-style assignments are not portable
>
> After I change ":=" to "=", it work well.

As Vijay said, this isn't the right way to fix this, it's better to tolerate the warning.  (I may have found a way to
fix this, so stay tuned...)

> Then I configure it by:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/why/software/moab/20130914 --enable-static --enable-igeom --enable-debug --enable-tools
> --enable-docs  --disable-mbzoltan --disable-qvdual \
> --with-netcdf \
> --with-mpi \
> --with-hdf5 \
> --with-zoltan=/usr/local \
> --with-parmetis=/usr \
> --with-cgm=/home/why/software/cgma/6070 \
> --with-vtk=/home/why/software/vtk
>
> and when I make it,  I find I can't compile three tools and a test:
>
> tools/mbcoupler
> tools/mbcslam
> tools/dagmc
> test/perf
>
> The problem is that they can't link with cgm. I find that the problem come from the Makefile in these directories. So I
> just change the line
> "LIBS = -lm"  to  "LIBS =  -lm ${CGM_LIBS}", then make can pass, and make check also work well.

Ok, we're checking on this.

> I still can't compile the tools/mbzoltan and tools/qvdual, and I havn't figure out the reason why.

As Vijay said, you're disabling them with configure options.  And, qvdual is deprecated, I'll go ahead and remove it.

- tim

> Hope these informatin can improve the build process of  Moad.
>
> Best
>
> Huayi

  phone (gvoice): (608) 354-1459      1500 Engineering Dr.