[MOAB-dev] Exchanging tags with no name

Milad Fatenejad icksa1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:10:12 CST 2013

Hello:

I just tried calling exchange_tags on a tag with no name (when I created
the tag I specified NULL as the first argument to tag_get_handle) and found
that the tag exchange did not seem to work. After a lot of experimentation,
I found that whether or not the tag had a name was the factor that
determined whether the shared, not-owned entities successfully updated...

Two questions:

1. Does exchange_tags require that the tag have a name specified?
2. Am I allowed to pass NULL as the name for tag_get_handle? Or must tags
have names?

Thank You
Milad