[MOAB-dev] Backporting to version 4.5

Steve Jackson sjackson at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:52:16 CDT 2012

Philosophy question: shouldn't the tags/4.5 tag code be permanent and fixed, with all fixes created in trunk and released periodically (and tagged) as 4.5.X?  I think that would be more in keeping with subversion best practice.  It seems to me that changing the code in the tag defeats the purpose of the tag-- i.e. having a fixed version so we can refer to "version 4.5.0" instead of "version 4.5 at r5000."
~S

(Duplicating reply to mailing list this time.)