[MOAB-dev] moab::ReadUtilIface

Iulian Grindeanu iulian at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 19 14:19:24 CDT 2011

Hello,
I have a question about the difference in create_element and ReadUtilIFace.
we use ReadUtilIFace in MeshKit to create new element meshes.
It is more efficient, but there is drawback; the adjacency is not recomputed for the new elements; there is no notification sent to AEntityFactory to update adjacency for newly created elements (like the one in ErrorCode Core::create_element(const EntityType type,
const EntityHandle *connectivity,
const int num_nodes,
EntityHandle &handle))

What is the correct way of doing it?

If we need adjacency?

In my scenario, I created new triangles, but after that, I needed the Skinner. It failed, because there were no adjacencies between new nodes and new triangles.

I can always change the code to use "create_element", but is there a way to force recomputation of adjacencies after using ReadUtilIFace?

Thanks,
Iulian