[MOAB-dev] A PDE example with MOAB.

Vijay S. Mahadevan vijay.m at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:15:24 CDT 2011

Tim,

I have used the example MOAB programs to read mesh files (gmsh mostly)
and load the entities and tags. But the usage for traversing through
the mesh and querying each node to obtain its neighbors and elements
that they belong seems a little complicated. Since these operations
are fundamental building blocks in writing a residual function for a
PDE, I just wanted to look at how it could be done for a simple
example.

I will definitely look at NEK as per your suggestion but if they only
use MOAB to read the mesh and convert it to their own mesh data
structures, it beats the purpose of my question. Thanks for the
pointer though.

Vijay