[MOAB-dev] A PDE example with MOAB.

Tim Tautges tautges at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 13 15:02:57 CDT 2011

Hi Vijay,
   Yes, this is the right forum, but no, I don't know of a good example that's self-contained.  An alternative would be
to look at the Nek code, which has a working MOAB reader.  That'll show how to pick up the mesh and bc's, though I don't
think it writes anything down to the mesh.  Other than that, the tutorial slides on the MOAB wiki have some coding
examples, but they're pretty short.

- tim

On 04/13/2011 02:40 PM, Vijay S. Mahadevan wrote:
> All,
>
> I was wondering whether there is a simple example on the usage of MOAB
> or iMesh for solving a PDE. This could be as trivial as a finite
> differenced, 1-d poisson equation but I just wanted to have a look at
> a working example in action in order to extend the ideas to more
> practical problems. I could not find any such tutorial in the MOAB
> repository and so thought that maybe someone in the list can point me
> to one.
>
> Also, if there is a different forum for such questions, I would
> appreciate it if you can redirect me to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijay

          phone: (608) 263-8485      1500 Engineering Dr.